Back Pain: a variety of causes
The causes of Back Pain are varied: obesity, stress, physical labor, pregnancy, sports, aging, etc.. and Back pain can be the result of conditions such as lumbago, sciatica, osteoarthritis, disc herniation.
– Lower Back Pain is the most common pain, it represents about 85% of cases. Its causes are mechanical and are not a malfunction especially of the spine. It is usually caused by actions or attitudes of daily life: poor posture, violent sport to the spine or lack of physical activity, overweight, stress…
– Ten times less common than Back Pain, sciatica is most often associated with a herniated disc: the sciatic nerve is compressed by a damaged intervertebral disc, hence the pain. It often occurs in quarantine, but can also crack adolescents or the elderly.
– Scoliosis is a deformity of the spine, which is found laterally curved to the right or left (thoracic scoliosis) or both sides (lumbar scoliosis). It can occur at any age until skeletal maturity between 13 and 15 years. Most of the time, the occurrence of scoliosis remains unexplained. About 2% to 4% of the population is concerned, 80% of cases being reported among girls.
– Kyphosis, other deformation of the spine can also be painful. Profile, the back is arched or round. Again, the origin of evil remains unknown, although suspected intensive practice of a sport too, obesity or rapid growth constitute aggravating factors.
– Osteoarthritis is a joint disease particularly common, affecting five million French. The pain is caused by wear of the joint cartilage, resulting in bone rubbing on bone. Cervical and lumbar vertebrae, stretched, are among the most joints affected by osteoarthritis. Aging promotes its appearance but it is not a trigger. Thus, more than half of those 65 are affected by this disease.
Backache: 4 things to relieve
Every day we mistreat our backs without even noticing. Here are five easy tips to implement to reduce Back pain and you should feel the effects quickly.
– Invest in a good bedding. We spend an average of 25 years of our lives in bed, so much to do comfortably. The ideal mattress firm but not too hard, 100% latex, and place on a slatted base. Exit pillows and bolsters traditional. Rather prefer a simple rectangular pillow latex. Feather, wool and cotton deform over time, it is better to banish them from your bed. Consider changing bedding every ten years.
– Adopt a suitable posture. Slouching in front of the computer screen, one leg tucked under the buttocks? Look no further: this is the cause of your Back pain. At home or in the office, we spend a lot of time sitting, often in a bad position. To reduce the risk of aches and pains, sit up straight in your seat with both feet on the ground, without crossing the legs, forearms resting on the desk. Adjust the height of your seat so that your thighs are horizontal. Your head should dominate slightly, your eyes are level with the top of the screen.
– Ladies, you need to limit the wearing of high heels: they distort the body. Prefer flexible shoes and comfortable, with little heel. Some shoes can improve cushioning.
– Pace yourself, in terms of household chores? Choose a telescopic handle when you move the brush and crouch to catch sheep under furniture.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rakesh_Kumar_Pareek